Ladle the stew over rice to soak up every bit of the delicious sauce.
* 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
* 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
* 1 pound sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
* 1 14-ounce can lite coconut milk
* 1/2 cup vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1-2 teaspoons red Thai curry paste
* 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or sweetener of choice)
* 2 teaspoons lime juice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 lime, quartered
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, stirring every 2 or 3 minutes, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
2. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, broth and curry paste to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is just tender, about 4 minutes. Add the tofu, green beans and brown sugar; return to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the green beans are tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in lime juice and salt. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
4 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each
Per serving : 348 Calories; 16 g Fat; 6 g Sat; 4 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 41 g Carbohydrates; 13 g Protein; 7 g Fiber; 451 mg Sodium; 578 mg Potassium