Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cabbage with Cheeze Sauce Supper

I so enjoyed my cabbage and noodle recipe the other day, I thought I would come up with a variation for my supper tonight. Here is what I came up with:

  • 6 cups chopped cabbage
  • little olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp - 3/4 tsp garlic powder
  • salt
  • pepper
  • zucchini
  • corn
Instructions:
  1. Put a little olive oil in a large cooking pot and toss the cabbage in to coat.
  2. Salt and pepper to your heart's desire!
  3. Turn the stove on to medium and cover, but check often so it doesn't burn.
  4. When the cabbage is tender, add diced zucchini and corn.
  5. When it is done, the cabbage should be tender with a few browned bits after.
  6. Toss cheeze sauce and enjoy!
CHEEZE SAUCE:

  • 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
  • 1/4 cup unbleached flour (I intend to try this with half this amount of flour next time)
  • 1 tbsp Hungarian paprika
  • 1/4 tsp. mustard
  • 1 1/2 cup plain nondairy milk
  • 1/2 cup water
I actually made the sauce in with the cabbage, adding the flour to the cabbage, stirring to coat and then adding the remaining ingredients of the sauce. I added some soya sauce, hot sauce, and a little extra salt and pepper at the end and it was a fabulous!

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket