Tofu & Vegetable Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce
* 1 cup long grain rice, cooked
* 1 pound firm tofu, cut into cubes
* 2 teaspoons of olive oil
* 1+ cup green beans (I used frozen)
* 1+ cup broccoli, with ends cut
* 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
* 1/4 tsp ginger, minced
* 3 or 4 TBSP peanut butter
* 5 - 7 TBSP water
* 2 tsp. lemon juice
* 2 TBSP soy sauce
* 2 TBSP coconut milk
1. Pan-fry the tofu in a non-stick skillet pan until the tofu is lightly browned. You may add a teaspoon of oil, or you can just pan fry with no oil in a nonstick pan. Remove from pan.
2. Heat olive oil in the wok and stir-fry the onion, broccoli and beans for 4 minutes or so – until broccoli is tender-crisp.
3. While this is cooking, add a small amount of oil in a separate pan and add the ginger and garlic. Cook for a minute or two, then stir in the peanut butter and then the water. Stir until smooth. Add the lemon juice, soy sauce, coconut milk, and stir well.
4. Return the tofu to the wok, and stir in the peanut butter sauce. Mix well and serve on top of the rice.
This is my version of a recipe I found on CompassionateCooks.com. It was completely delicious!! Next time I would even make more changes changing out the water for vegetable broth and adding more to thin out the sauce a little. I would also like to add hot pepper flakes to add a bit of spiciness to it.