* 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
* 2 medium-sized red bell peppers, diced
* 8 green onions (white and light green parts), sliced
* 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen white or yellow corn kernels
* 1 Tbs. dried oregano
* 2 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. Ancho chile powder
* 3 large eggs
* 1 1/2 cups liquid egg whites or 12 large egg whites
* 1/4 cup plain soymilk, milk or water
* 3/4 cup shredded Monterey jalapeño jack cheese or soy jalapeño cheese
* 1 plum tomato, cut into 8 equal slices
* 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 8 6-oz. ramekins or oven-proof custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Set ramekins on baking sheet.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red peppers, green onions and corn, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat, stir in oregano, cumin, salt and chile powder. Let cool.
3. In large bowl, whisk whole eggs, egg whites and soymilk. Add cheese and cooled vegetables, and stir well. Divide mixture among prepared ramekins. Top each frittata with a tomato slice.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until frittatas are set, golden brown and puffy. Let sit 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
Nutritional Information Per SERVING:
Total fat: 9g,
Saturated fat: 4g,