* 1 lb. carrots, cut into 2-inch sticks (3 1/2 cups)
* 1 lb. parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch sticks (5 cups)
* 1 Tbs. olive oil
* 1/4 cup mustard seeds
* 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
* 3 1/2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
* 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1. Steam parsnips and carrots in steamer over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain.
2. Heat oil in skillet over low heat. Add mustard seeds and cover. When popping sound begins, turn off heat. Keep skillet covered until popping stops. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in maple syrup and mustard. Add parsnip and carrot sticks, and cook over low heat 8 minutes, or until vegetables are glazed and golden. Toss with mustard seeds, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per 1-cup serving: Calories: 276, Protein: 5g, Total fat: 10g, Saturated fat: 3g, Carbs: 45g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 400mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugars: 20g