Saturday, July 24, 2010

Overnight Oatmeal

I used to eat lots of "overnight oatmeal." I made it by combining equal parts rolled oats and low fat soy milk with some raisins and cinnamon, then leaving in a covered container overnight in the fridge. In the morning, the oats had absorbed the liquid (and the raisins had plumped up a little, too), and I used to love eating it cold, right out of the fridge. Sometimes, I add quite a bit of chopped apple and other fresh seasonal fruits, as well as ground flax seed and raw wheat germ. I make a batch that lasts 4-5 days.

Another idea is soaking combinations of oats, oat groats, buckwheat groats, shredded apple, berris, and sometimes you can even whirl it up in the blender a bit which makes it very creamy & pudding like.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket