Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Boston Baked Beans

Yield: 6 servings

1 med Onion, chopped
16 oz Tomatoes, chopped (canned)
2 tbsp Maple syrup
1 tbsp Vinegar
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Parsley flakes
1 1/2 tsp Dry mustard
1 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp Black pepper
5 cup Cooked white beans

Saute the onion in a small amount of water until soft. Add the remaining ingredients except for the beans.

Cook and stir for 5 minutes.

Add beans. Cook about 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Great recipe! I make something similar, but substitute the maple syrup with Black Strap Molasses. I'm printing your version off now to try.

Thank you!

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket