Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ooh I can't wait.

I just got a copy of the new health/wellness book that was just released called The Perfect 10 Diet, by Dr. Michael Aziz. The Perfect 10 Diet balances 10 key hormones that are key to weight loss and improved health (and often reversal of disease). The latest research shows that HORMONES ARE THE KEY TO WEIGHT LOSS. I am interested in reading this book not because I am interested in changing from a low fat, whole foods, plant based way of eating but I know that hormones play a big roll in my weight loss. I know that in the past, the relationship between my hormones and my diet has kept me from ovulating and I also know that my hormone issues make it more difficult for me to lose weight, so any book that explores this relationship and explains a good way to deal with them is very interesting to me. I am trying to get healthy and any tool that I can add to my arsenal in this battle to get to a healthier me is a welcome addition.

CBS’ The Doctors devoted an entire segment to the book, talking about hormones and weight loss, what to eat and what not to eat and Dr. Aziz also appeared on the program. Dr. Travis Stork opens the segment with;

“Two out of every three Americans are either overweight or obese and the latest research suggests hormones are part of the problem. In fact there’s a new book - called The Perfect 10 Diet - based on some of that research. There are 10 key hormones according to this book when it comes to weight loss, hormones like cortisol, which is one of those that responds to stress. You’ve got thyroid hormones, you’ve got your sex hormones, and of course we all know about insulin, which is such a major player. Insulin is what goes awry when you have diabetes. What happens when you sit down to take a meal? You’ve got to think about what’s going on inside your body.”

That is all I know yet, I just got the book today. When I read it, I will let you know what I think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have tried another way to lose
weight. I tried adipex and it is
really effective. i have lost lots
of weight. I ordered it online from
www.medsheaven.com I highly
recommend this, and this didn't
require a prescription! ST

karen@fitnessjourney said...

Sounds interesting.

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket