Saturday, March 6, 2010

new combinations

One thing I have been enjoying is trying out different combinations of foods to see what I like. I made a soup I liked last week and I have been playing with it ever since, adding things to it, subtracting things each time it comes out yummy and different.

Last night was no different. I put in 1 can of diced tomatoes, 4 - 5 cups of veggie broth, 1/2 cup lentils, 1/2 cup barley, 1 cup corn, 1 can chickpeas, mushrooms, a little frozen spinach, bay leaves and seasonings (I think hot peppers would be great in this too). And I just let it simmer away for about 1 hour. It was really good. And the best part was I had two bowls for supper and was satisfied all evening. I didn't eat anything else until breakfast this morning. I love the combination of lentils and barley. I am going to experiment with this combination maybe trying Lentil Tacos with this combination. It is thick today, much like a casserole and there is lots left. I may have it with a baked potato for supper tonight.

Another thought I had was that I could make lentil tacos for me one night and make regular taco filling for my family. It would be an easy supper to satisfy everyone.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket