- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion -- diced
- 1 green pepper -- diced
- 1 red pepper -- diced
- 1 clove garlic -- minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro -- *I prefer Ital. parsley
- 12 8 inch flour tortilla -- 6 to 7 inch
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese with jalapeno chilies -- shredded
- Cilantro leaves, whole -- for garnish
- 1 hot pepper -- for garnish
Place 6 tortillas on work surface. Spread pepper mixture on tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining tortillas to make 6 quesadillas. Cover well (so they don't dry out) and refrigerate
assembled quesadillas up to 6 hours before serving.
Preheat oven to 450°F. Place quesadillas on 2 large cookie sheets and bake 8 minutes, or until lightly browned on both sides, turning over once during cooking time. Remove from oven to cutting board; cut each quesadilla into 8 wedges. Top each wedge with a cilantro leaf (or parsley sprig) for garnish. Garnish platter with a hot red pepper.
Serve immediately. Makes 48 wedges. 2 points
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 127 Calories; 3g Fat (22.4% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 195mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
NOTES : Therefore... each wedge = 1 WW point, a serving of 2 wedges = 2 WW Points