Baba Ganoush is basically a roasted eggplant hummus.
1-2 medium eggplant, pierced in the skin with a fork, all around the outside
1-2 lemons, zested, juiced
1-2 garlic cloves (depending on how garlicky you like it)
1/2 cup sesame tahini
Sea Salt to taste
Extra virgin olive oil - optional
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Pierce the outside of the eggplants with a fork, all around the entire eggplant.
3. Put eggplants into a roasting dish, and place in middle of oven.
4. Roast until the eggplant gets shriveled in appearance.
5. Remove from oven, allow to cool, then cut eggplant open and scoop out the flesh. Put flesh into a food processor or blender.
6. Add lemon juice, zest and garlic in with eggplant and pulse to process.
7. Add in the sesame tahini and pulse to combine. Scrape down sides and add sea salt to taste.
8. Optional - add a tablespoon or 2 of extra virgin olive oil