Enjoy this delicious homemade Clean-Eating soup any time of day. Make an extra big batch and freeze some for later.
* 3 tbsp olive oil
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 4 cups gluten free vegetable broth
* 3 cups water
* 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
* 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 1/2 lb green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 4 small zucchini, sliced in half then cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
* 3 cups freshly chopped spinach
* 6 tbsp pesto
1. Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until clear for approximately 4 minutes (don't brown).
2. Add vegetable broth, water, crushed pepper, zucchini and cannellini beans. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium, stir in spinach, partially cover pot and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Ladle soup into 6 bowls and garnish each with 1 tbsp pesto.
Makes 6 servings
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
Fat: 15 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbs: 21 g
Fiber: 6 g
Protein: 8 g