- 3 roasted red peppers - canned or fresh-roasted (if canned, rinse if there is sugar added)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (add a little more if needed for consistency)
- 1 teaspoon mild powdered chile, such as ancho, or paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder or smoked paprika or cayenne to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt if needed
Preparation:Put ingredients in food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Heat before serving, in saucepan or microwave.
Make approximately 2 1/2 cups of sauce. Each 1/2 cup would have approximately 3 grams effective carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber, 1 gram protein, and 177 calories.