- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach, 10 oz each
- ¼ chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oil or butter
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or a mixture is nice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or other spice mixture to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoon dry white wine if you have it around
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice if you don't have the wine
- 1 drop liquid sweetener or a pinch of a powder (just a small amount to balance flavors)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Defrost spinach in the boxes or in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Fry onion in the oil or butter until it begins to soften.
- Mix all ingredients except for the Parmesan cheese in the casserole dish. Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean and cheese on top begins to brown.
Makes 8 servings. Nutritional Information: Each serving has 3 grams effective carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber, 10 grams protein, and 202 calories.