Friday, November 21, 2008

WW CORE Taco Soup

2 lbs ground beef (I use 3 lbs)
1 can whole kernel canned corn
1 can pinto beans
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can Diced Rotel Tomatoes with Chilies
2 4-oz cans of Chopped Green Chilies
2 15 oz cans Stewed Tomatoes - diced or chopped. (I add an extra can)
1 packet of Hot Taco Seasonings (like Schilling - I use 1-1/2 packets) .
1 packet of Original Ranch Dressing mix ( I use 1-1/2 packets).
1 large diced onion (I used white - sweeter)
Some Garlic (minced or powder) to taste
12oz water.

** ff grated cheddar cheese ff sour cream and jalepenos on the side.

Cook the beef and onions and garlic completely in a large pan until the onions are translucent. (I boiled this as it is faster easier.)
Drain and set aside in a large bowl or back in the stockpot.
Mix in Taco and Original Ranch packets with the cooked beef and blend well. Place back in the large stockpot. Open up cans and dump into the stockpot...
DO NOT DRAIN !!!. Add water and stir well and simmer for about an hour or so - in order for the tomatoes to lose that acidy taste. - stir occasionally so as the veggies and meat do now settle to the bottom and scorch.

This freezes very well. I normally make a double batch or triple batches and sometimes 4x !

Serve with sliced avacados , ff cheese, ff sour cream and jalapenos on the side. This is a very forgiving recipe - "Play with it" as Aunt B says...
Cilantro is excellent in this -- or used as a garnish with the avacados.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket