Atkins Revolution Wraps variation
makes 6 8-inch wraps
* 6 large eggs (3.6 )
* 3 ounces cream cheese, softened (3.0)
* 1 teaspoon onion powder (1.4)*
* 1 pinch salt (0)
* 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (0.6)
* 6 8-inch cake pans (the disposable aluminum ones are perfect for this)
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Butter the bottoms and lower 1/3 of the sides of the cake pans. Set aside.
3. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. To the egg yolks add the cream cheese and onion powder. Mix well and set aside.
4. To the egg whites, add the cream of tartar and salt. Beat the egg whites until it forms very stiff peaks.
5. Fold the egg yolks into the egg whites. Do not overmix because the egg whites will provide the "leavening" for the wraps.
6. Using two tablespoons, drop the the mixture into 6 equal mounds onto your prepared cake pans. Using the back of a large spoon or a spatula, evenly spread the batter in the pans.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes in the middle rack of your oven or until golden brown. Cool completely. The wraps will be crisp when they finish baking. As they cool they will soften and will be easier to remove from the pans. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
NOTE: If you use these wraps for sandwiches for work or school, do not fill them with anything really soggy, like tuna salad, until you are ready to eat it, because the wraps might get soggy while they are waiting for you to eat them.
Per 1 serving (1 wrap)
Total carbs: 2 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Cheese allowance: 0.5 oz
Atkins Revolution Rolls (substitute for sandwich buns)
* 3 large eggs (1.8 )
* 1 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened (1.5)
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (0.7)*
* 1 pinch salt (0)
* 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar (0.3)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with either wax paper or cooking parchment paper. If using wax paper, butter or oil it. Set aside
2. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. To the egg yolks add the cream cheese and onion powder. Mix well and set aside.
3. To the egg whites, add the cream of tartar and salt. Beat the egg whites until it forms very stiff peaks.
4. Fold the egg yolks into the egg whites. Do not overmix because the egg whites will provide the "leavening" for the rolls.
5. Using two tablespoons, drop the the mixture into 6 equal mounds onto your prepared cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes in the middle rack of your oven. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
7. *May replace the onion powder with 1 packet of Splenda. The carb count remains roughly the same per roll.
Per 1 serving( 1 roll)
Total carbs: 0.8 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Net Carbs: 0.8grams
Cheese allowance: .25 oz
Note: The original recipe calls for 1 packet of Splenda. This is completely unnecessary. The addition of 1/2 teaspoon onion powder gives the Rolls more flavor (no onion taste) than the Splenda does. You can also add 1 tablespoon of a fiber supplement to the egg yolks if desired. Adjust your carb count if you do.
* 1 chopped green onion
* 1⁄4 lb Bacon
* 3 T Mayonaise
* 1 ds salt & pepper
1. 6 chopped hard boild eggs
2. Fry and crumble bacon. Mix all together; Eat as is, or in a lettuce wrap, or on lc bread or wrap
Angels on Horseback
* 8 Wieners
* 8 Cheese Slices
* 8 Thin Bacon Slices
* 8 Toothpicks
1. Cut cheese into 2 1/2 long strips. Slit lengthwise pockets inwieners, long enough to hold one strip of cheese.
2.Tuck in a strip of cheese into each pocket. Wind a strip of bacon around each wiener so the pocket and cheese are completely covered. Fasten each end of bacon to the wiener with a toothpick. Put each wiener on a cooking fork and bake over hot coals until bacon is cooked.
3. You can use whatever kind of cheese you like. My kids like american cheese. If you want something spicy, pepperjack cheese is a good choice.
* 1 Cheese Slice
* 1 Wiener
* 1 Low Carb Tortilla
Put the cheese on the tortilla and put in the micowave for 20 seconds. You can cook your wieners on the grill or however you prefer. Then stick one inside the torilla and put whatever other topping you would like on it and wrap it up.