* 1 pound(s) lean beef round, cut into 1-inch cubes (London Broil)
* 1 spray(s) cooking spray
* 1 small onion(s), chopped
* 2 cup(s) mushroom(s), sliced
* 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
* 2 large carrot(s), sliced
* 15 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed, divided
* 1 1/2 cup(s) canned beef broth, divided
* 14 1/2 oz canned crushed tomatoes
* 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
* 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
* 1/2 tsp table salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 2 tbsp thyme, or 2 whole sprigs, for garnish (optional)
* Place beef in a 5-quart slow cooker.
* Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic; sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add onion mixture to slow cooker; add carrots.
* Place half of beans in slow cooker; place remaining beans in a blender. Add 1/2 cup of broth to blender and puree; spoon mixture into slow cooker. Add remaining broth, tomatoes, oregano, dried thyme, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
* Cover slow cooker and cook on high setting for 6 to 7 hours. Garnish with fresh thyme before serving. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- Crumble cold cornbread (with a core recipe)
- Add 3 cans pinto beans, some chopped green and red peppers and chopped green onions, a small can of green chili's chopped, canned corn (drained), canned tomatoes, chopped canadian bacon, 3 chopped tomatoes, one small onion chopped and 3 cups of ff or reduced fat cheddar cheese (count pts) and 1 large bottle of ff ranch dressing.
- Mix all together or layer ingredients with part of the cornbread on the bottom.
1 pound whole-wheat penne
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 shallots, finely chopped
3 to 4 cloves garlic, grated
2 cups chicken stock
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup cream (use skim milk to make it Core)
1 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
2 pinches ground cinnamon
Salt and black pepper
7 to 8 leaves fresh sage, thinly sliced plus more, for garnish
Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (fat free or leave it out to make it Core)
Heat water for pasta, salt it and cook penne to al dente.
Heat the oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic to the pan, saute 3 minutes. Stir in chicken stock and combine with pumpkin, stir in cream then season sauce with hot sauce, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 5 to 6 minutes more to thicken. Stir in sage, toss with pasta with grated cheese, to taste.
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup cornmeal
2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups shredded fat free Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips (leave out to make this Core)
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
2. Saute the onions, red bell peppers and garlic in the olive oil. Add the corn and continue to cook.
3. In a another saucepan bring the milk to a simmer and slowly stir in the cornmeal. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, constantly stirring until thick. Remove from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Whisk the egg and egg whites together and slowly add them to the cornmeal mixture. Stir in the onion mixture, shredded cheese and parsley into the cornmeal mixture. Spoon mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle top with more grated cheese and crushed corn tortilla chips.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until firm.
Core creamy dreamsicle
1 pkg sugar free orange jello
8 oz plain non-fat yogurt
8 oz boiling water
Mix jello and water till dissolved. Add yogurt till combined.
Refrigerate till set.