- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- chili powder to taste
Brown the beef, dump in the canned stuff and powder and simmer for about 10-20 minutes
Make the microwaver polenta. But instead of all that stirring, nuke water for 3 nminutes to get good and hot, add polenta and stir, nuke for another 5 minutes and stir. Pour into container to cool. Then slice and fry in garlic olive oil - put italian seasoning and soy parmesan before placing in pan.
Glazed Chicken or Salmon
Heat up grill pan. Pour in soy sauce (I like low sodium), pour more on chicken or salmon and put in pan. let sit on sauce to cook - you will get a nice glaze on there. Serve over brown rice or even better couscous. To make couscous - put in equal parts water and couscous, nuke for 2 minutes and fluff.
Lasagna - this make a loaf pan sized one if you like it very cheesy like me
whole wheat noodles
fat free ricotta (small container)
soy mozzarella (one pack of shredded)
1 whole egg
spaghetti sauce (you can take plain tomato sauce and add seasoning and lots of garlic to it)
Mix ricotta and egg
put some sauce in bottom of loaf pan.
Put in layer of noodles, then ricotta mix, some mozzarella and cover with sauce.
Repeat until 3-4 layers - last layer should be just noodles, sauce and then mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in oven at 350 for 45 mins - remove foil for last 10 mins.
Marinated Green Beans (works well for asparagus too)
Pound of fresh green beans
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8-1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
TBS or so of dijon or other mustard (anything but the yellow stuff)
- Bring water to boil and place green beans in for 2 minutes (or until just getting bright green) (it's even better to steam them)
- drain beans then immediately dump in a bowl of ice water (to stop the cooking)
- mix oil, vinegar, and mustard. You can add minced shallots and fresh herbs.
- drain beans and toss with dressing. You can eat right away but is also good after sitting for up to a day.