Friday, October 3, 2008

My meal plan for tomorrow



I finally got groceries. I am so glad. It makes this so much easier! My plan is Weight Watchers Core. This allows me to not have to count points but to eat well and be healthy and hopefully lose weight as well. I am content with this decision. There have been a few changes to Core since I did it last time and I think that they will make it work better for me. I am planning on getting more active again too. I lost this weight before, I can do it again.

Breakfast:

Core Pancakes
Coffee

Snack:
Coffee
Fruit

Lunch:

Tuna/Avocado Salad

Snack:
Core Apple Crisp

Supper:
Moroccan Crockpot Chicken

Snack:
Tastes Like Cheesecake Dessert

Recipes for this menu plan:

Oatmeal Pancakes

2 1/2 cups oatmeal (regular uncooked)
1 1/2 cups water
2 egg whites
2 tsp oil (olive)
3 tsp of cinnamon

Tuna/Avocado Salad

1 can of tuna (small)
1 avocado, diced
1/2 can of black olives, sliced
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/2 can Rotel, Mexican flavor with lime and cilantro
1 can kidney beans, drained
small amount of FF Miracle Whip

Moroccan Crockpot Chicken

Ingredients:

4-8 Boneless/skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
1 large onion, peeled and sliced into sections
1 small bag baby carrots
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 can mandarin oranges in water, drained

1/2 cup water with the following added:

1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. red cayenne
1 Tbs. lemon juice

Spray inside of large crockpot with olive oil Pam.

Layer ingredients in crockpot in this order:
onions
carrots
water/lemon/spice mixture
chicken
olive oil
oranges

Cook on high for 4 hours / serve over couscous or rice

Tastes Like Cheesecake Dessert

1 cup of FF Cottage cheese
2 TBSP baking cocoa
2 TBSP (or to taste) Splenda granular or your choice of sweetener
Put all ingredients into the bowl of a mini food processor or blender and process until smooth.

Apple Crisp CORE
1 Serving

1 apple
2 TBSP quick oats
butter spray
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 TBSP sugar free maple syrup

Peel and core apple. Slice thinly (if using corer-slicer, slice each slice into thirds) and place in shallow bowl or dish. Sprinkle oats over apple and spray with butter spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and then drizzle with sugar free maple syrup.

Microwave on high for 4 minutes. If desired, broil for 1 minute under conventional broiler.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket