Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tuesday Tips

I am doing good today. I am planning on trying Core after I get groceries tomorrow. I am doing it the best I can with what I have today but after tomorrow I will be better prepared to give it an honest go. I did extra time on the treadmill yesterday. My legs were sore but I loved it! If I could have anything I think I would own my own treadmill. I was supposed to go to do my strength training today but Little Princess is home sick with a cold. Hopefully after Prince Charming comes home from school. If not, tomorrow I will do both cardio and strength training before getting groceries.
_______________________________________________

Tuesday Tips

1. Build "treats" into your plan; whether it's popcorn, SF/FF pudding, smoothies, fruit, etc. so you don't feel you're missing out.

2. If you do "mess up" or take a day off, get right back OP. Don't stress yourself over it. We're all human and we're going to make mistakes.

3. Learn to look at the big picture. Maybe you're not eating and exercising as perfectly as you want, but compare what you're doing now to what you were doing & it's motivating.

4. Eat a wide variety of foods every day. That way you will not get bored, and you will take in more nutrients. Also you will find that you will be less likely to crave things that are unhealthy. Try to get in at least your minimum amount of fruits and vegetables every day. Also try to have at least 3 servings of a high calcium food

5. Don't be in a big hurry. You didn't gain weight overnight, and it won't come off overnight. Count it as a success if your weight goes down, no matter how slowly.

6. The sugarmonster WILL die if you stop feeding him

My favorite WW cliches'

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail:
Have healthy snacks and meals planned, shop for the ingredients, then make them! It doesn't do anyone any good to have rotting veggies in their crisper.

There is no failure, only feed back:
If you have an occasion that doesn't go as planned, learn from it and plan better next time.

Be aware!
If you are going to be in a environment that isn't WW friendly, be prepared. Take something you know you can have without guilt, or plan to use your WPAs and enjoy yourself.

Read your materials. I don't mean just look them over. Read them, understand them, ask questions if things are confusing. If you attend meetings, ask a leader. If you think you leader is clueless, ask her to call someone who knows. Use common sense.
_______________________________________________

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very true, you always share such useful info, thanks!

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket