Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday Madness

Well this has been an eventful day and it isn't even noon yet.

My little princess is back in daycare now that her pinkeye has cleared up. She is thrilled.

I had a meeting at Curves to look into joining the gym just for more motivation to work out and for something to change it up a little. On the way home, I passed another womens gym that has a similar style. I went in and checked it out as well. There are more membership options and the price is a little lower, so I am thinking of giving them a shot. I did get all my measurements and my body fat checked out at Curves while I was there and I was right. I do have less body fat than other people my weight. That was nice to know.

I got this great recipe for Taco Soup from Living to Feel Good that I can't wait to try out.

Oh and it is my fifth wedding anniversary today, but we are going to celebrate on friday as that is payday.

Taco Soup
1lb extra lean ground turkey
1 can 28 ounce diced tomatoes
1 can 16 ounce pinto beans
1 can 16 ounce black beans
1 can 16 ounce corn
1 pkg of ranch seasoning
1 pkg of taco seasoning
1 1/2 c. of water
In a large pot cook the ground turkey. Once it's done add all the ingredients. Simmer for 45 mins. Enjoy!
1 c. = 2pts
How simple is that?? A perfect dinner when you are low on points!!

Points for Monday:
  • 2 points--granola bar
  • 1 point--timbit
  • 1 point--ww bread
  • 1 point--tuna
  • 1 point--low cal margarine
  • 2 points--rice crispy square
  • 1 point--chicken noodle soup
  • 3 points--3 yogurts
  • 2 points--2 frankfurters
  • 0 points--salsa
  • 2 points--salad
  • 4 points--fish and veggies
  • 2 points--fruit
  • 4 points--snacks

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come stock my fridge with healthy stuff. I'm going to the store Tue. and not looking forward to it. I started a new med and I'm never hungry! *good side effect*

Anonymous said...

Come stock my fridge with healthy stuff. I'm going to the store Tue. and not looking forward to it. I started a new med and I'm never hungry! *good side effect*

Anonymous said...

Good luck with curves :-)
Less body fat means your thinner than ypou thought woo hoo

Anonymous said...

Happy 5th Anniversary!

That taco soup sounds amazing...I must remember to come back here and write that down and make it the next time I go grocery shopping. I'm totally looking to switch up my food...I'm getting bored with what I eat. And two points per cup? That's most excellent! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary!!!

Your taco soup sounds good!! I love Taco anything..lol

hugs,
April

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy yourselves on Friday!
It's always great to get good results....all the hard work pays off in the end. I can't wait until i have less than 30% BF.

Anonymous said...

Hey TC!

I added your link to our blog. You are an inspiration! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!!

Salvy
Two Fats And A Skinny
www.twofatsandaskinny.blogspot.com

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket